Sunday, July 2, 2017

This book is an oldie but a goodie! Lockwood & Co. is a series written by the English author, Jonathan Stroud. When the 3rd book was released last summer, I had heard that it was good, so I had been wondering about this series. I would tell students that I heard this series was good, but the series was rarely checked out. So, I just finished the first book, The Screaming Staircase and I loved it!!  This series will conclude with the 5th book being released this fall. Our Christie library has the first three. If you love ghosts, then this book is for you! Lockwood & Co. consists of 3 young teens who are ghost hunters. The book takes place around our time period, maybe some years before, in England. Here in England, ghosts are rampant and only children and young teens  who are 'sensitive' can see or hear them.  So, there are several ghost hunting agencies that are run by adults but employ young teens to do the ghost hunting.  Lockwood & Co. is a ghost hunting agency that is not at the top of the list because of some unfortunate disasters, but they do get embroiled in several page turning mysteries. I loved this book, and I think those Christie readers who love a good (though a little scary) ghost story will love it,  too! I will be book talking it big time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment