Friday, July 21, 2017

I have been wanting to read She Persisted: 13 American Women Who Changed the World for several weeks now. I have been hearing great things about this book, and when my librarian friend over at Bright Elementary showed me she had just purchased it, I had to go get one , too! So glad I did. In this book, Chelsea Clinton spotlights 13 American women who overcame adversity to be the leader in their field. These women are all ages and accomplished different feats that helped changed America as we know it today. This biographical book written in a picture book style will captivate readers of all ages.  The information is short and to the point with wonderful illustrations and a quote from each woman. I love how "she persisted"  was written into each paragraph describing what that amazing woman accomplished. I am trying to beef up our high interest nonfiction section, and I think Christie readers will love the short stories, the illustrations, and the message!


No comments:

Post a Comment