Friday, July 21, 2017

The Remarkable Journey of Charlie Price was definitely a different  book than I thought it would be. Charlie, his sister, and dad are all trying to come to terms with his mother's recent death. Charlie and his sister stay involved in all of their school's activities while his dad is not around much because he is so busy at work.  Also, his best friend, Frank, went missing months ago and no one knows what happened to him. This makes Charlie and his sister miss his mom even more until his sister finds a secret passageway under her bed that leads them to a parallel world where their mother is alive. Or is she? And what happened to Frank? When I first start reading a book, I do not always look at the summary because I want to be surprised, and I was! I had no idea what direction the book would take, and I loved it! I think Christie  readers will like this book as much as I did.  This book is from another debut author from last year, Jennifer Maschari.


No comments:

Post a Comment