Tuesday, June 20, 2017

When I saw that one of this year's Bluebonnets was co-authored by a guy with the last name of Cousteau, I was very intrigued. Growing up, I followed famed oceanographer, Jacques Cousteau. He seemed to always have a show on PBS back in the 70's and 80's , and I would be glued to the TV set. It was like he brought the mysteries of the deep right into our living room. His shows were fascinating. When I saw that Follow The Moon Home was co-written by Philippe Cousteau, his grandson, I had to read it right away. Christie Readers will love this story about Vivienne trying to get used to her new home and new school. She meets a new friend and they may their way down to the beach where her friend tells her the buried baby loggerhead turtles hatching. These turtles look for the strongest light to guide them to the ocean, and the beach house lights confuse them. Many times, they do not make it to the ocean. Vivienne and her new friend come up with ways to solve this problem. This book shows that you can never be too young to make some big changes!


No comments:

Post a Comment