Saturday, August 5, 2017

Lately many Christie readers have really been interested in scary books or ghost stories. I have been researching some newer books that our library didn't have and Greenglass House popped up several times as a recommended read. I just finished this novel about a teenager named Milo who lives with his mom and dad in Greenglass House, a hotel for the town's smugglers. The story is set during Christmas vacation where the hotel is usually empty and Milo enjoys Christmas with his parents. All of the sudden one night, several guests all show up unannounced so this kind of wrecks Milo's Christmas vacation. All of these guests have an interesting story and things start missing from their rooms. Milo and a friend start investigating the missing items and many twists and turns happen before the end of the story.  I loved how there was a big time turn of events at the end of the story where you are asking yourself "How did I miss that?" This was a very different read from what I have been reading lately, and I think Christie readers will love it! The sequel will be out this fall, Ghosts of Greenglass House.




No comments:

Post a Comment